9.13.2006

Liberated Hair


SYRACUSE – I lost about a pound of hair today.
What you see here, beyond the remarkable afro, are the remnants of 124 skinny braids that have graced my head for the past seven weeks. Most of this pile is synthetic hair, although I did lose quite a few of my own strands.
I started the unbraiding last night and finished the job this morning (sniff sniff). All in all, it took 5 ½ hours. My only tools were scissors and a ballpoint pen.
As for those kinks, they disappeared when I washed and conditioned my hair this afternoon. I was a bit disappointed; I wanted to sport this crazy 'do for a few days.
I'll miss my dear braids and all the attention they attracted. They made me feel like an Egyptian princess -- and a badass.
What will I do with myself now? Dye my eyebrows? Pierce my chin? Tattoo my sternum?
Suggestions are welcome. (JM)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nada said...

Everyone is going to miss the braids.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home