5.16.2007

Viva la Line


Newark, New Jersey -- I'd like to include a picture in my profile. Does anyone know how to do that? I was told I could post it in a blog entry and then paste the link in my profile, but it's not working. Hmph.
So, I was perusing my digital photo library today and came upon this shot of me taken one evening in January at Gallery Aferro in downtown Newark.
Friends and I attended an event there called "48-Hour Line." The gallery walls became a giant canvas, as visitors, using a graphite stick, helped draw a continous line for two solid days, from noon Jan. 11 to noon Jan. 13. The stick had to be in constant contact with the wall, and you had to keep it moving while passing it to the next participant.
The communal project was the brainchild of artist Ryan Brown, who has done similar events in Berlin and NYC.
I remember sipping hot green tea brewed by Brown in the nippy gallery (no heaters). I drew the word "VIVRE," which means "to live" in French. I was donating a kidney to my mother two weeks later, and that word was constantly on my mind. (JM)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

god you look gorgeous

9:16 PM  
Blogger Emma Wilcox said...

Hi-

we are working on a catalog for the 48 hr line. If you have images that you would like to have included in the book, we are collecting material now.

best,
Emma Wilcox
Gallery Aferro
www.aferro.org

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home